Have you (yes, YOU!) had your cancer screenings? I feel like my dog means business when he gives me THAT face, so I thought it would be appropriate for today’s blog on cancer screenings.
I know we all become somewhat lax about taking care of ourselves and I am no exception. Sometimes we need a gentle reminder…
– yearly mammograms starting at age 40
– clinical breast exams during routine check-ups beginning around age 20
- ★Colon and Rectum
– age 50 for both males and females
– digital rectal exam (DRE) and prostate-specific antigen (PSA) should be done annually for men at age 50
– men at high risk, particularly African American men, should begin testing at age 45
– screening should begin about 3 years after a woman starts having vaginal intercourse
– screening should begin in the abstinent by age 2
…remember (I often need a aide-mémoire myself…) early detection means early cure…so, don’t delay and start screening!